Recently, I’ve been getting a lot of questions about how to fuel your runs as a low-carb runner.
It might be because we’re back in marathon season and your runs are starting to get longer.
I think it’s partly that, and also some fear around bonking when you get into those higher-mileage runs.
I get it, I was also very skeptical about fueling without carb-loading and using gels because that’s just how I did things for the first 15 years or so of my running.
It seemed to work…sort of…so how could there possibly be another way?
Well, I’m here today to share my thoughts and my experience on this topic, and offer up several different fueling strategies for low-carb running.
I’m hoping by the end of this episode, you feel less fearful and more confident about your low-carb approach to running.
The Running Lean Monthly Coaching Group is now OPEN for enrollment!
Your monthly membership gets you:
- The self-paced, online Weight Loss Training Course for Runners
- Achieving the Impossible course – Create an Extraordinary Life by Going After Unrealistic Goals
- Weekly live coaching with Patrick to get personal guidance and feedback
- Support and encouragement from a community of like-minded runners
- Accountability to keep you on track and always moving toward your goals
- 24/7 access to all of the coaching call replays so you can catch anything you miss
- The most cost-effective way to get the results you want!
Interested in one-on-one coaching with me? Get the personalized guidance, support, and accountability you need to dial in your macros, become fat-adapted, and do it in a way that supports your long-term health and fitness goals. Learn more and apply for personal coaching here: www.runningleanpodcast.com/coaching
Be sure to join the discussion in the Running Lean Community on Facebook! If you listen to this podcast, you HAVE to come check out our Facebook group, the two go hand-in-hand. Join here (it’s totally free!): www.facebook.com/groups/runninglean
Haven’t left a review yet? All you need to do is go to www.runningleanpodcast.com/itunes, scroll down, and tap the stars! You can also write a quick review. Thank you for your support of the show!